Avocado Fries with Wasabi Lime Mayo Dipping Sauce
I am crazy about avocados. They’re creamy and dreamy and I could eat my weight in them. Don’t even get me started on guacamole. I could eat that every single day and be happy. One of my other favorite ways to eat avocados are fried. That’s right. Avocado Fries! They’re crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Add a side of Wasabi Lime mayo and you might not ever want to eat a potato fry again.
These avocado fries are THE perfect appetizer or snack just about anytime but why not think about making them for the Super Bowl this weekend? Even though I admittedly am NOT a football fan I am a fan of food (and the commercials aren’t bad either).
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil (or 2 inches oil in skillet)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In small dish, mix mayonnaise, wasabi powder and lime juice. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In deep 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat to about 350°F.
- In 3 separate small shallow bowls, place flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs. Line large plate with paper towel.
- Remove pit and peel from avocados. Cut each avocado into 6 wedges.
- Dip 1 wedge into flour to coat; tap off excess. Dip into beaten egg to coat, then coat with bread crumbs. Continue until all wedges are breaded.
- In batches, carefully place breaded avocado wedges in hot oil. Fry 30 to 60 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- With slotted spoon, carefully remove fried wedges from skillet; place on towel-lined plate. Season with salt. Serve with dipping sauce.