Whole Grain Shells, Spinach & Tomatoes
I don’t know what I would do if I ever had to give up pasta. I keep my pantry stocked with boxes and boxes of it — not just because it’s delicious, quick and easy, but also because there are so many options that I never ever get bored. Talk about quick, this simple pasta dish comes together in under 15 minutes. Not only is it beautiful, it’s HEALTHY. We’ve swapped out our usual Barilla® pasta for Barilla® Whole Grain pasta and added good-for-you spinach and tomatoes.
I’ve been buying classic Barilla® pasta for as long as I can remember, but have to admit I hadn’t tried Barilla’s whole grain pasta until recently. I found out that Barilla® Whole Grain is a great way to get whole grains into my family’s diet. Barilla® Whole Grain is made with 51% whole wheat. It’s an all-natural and excellent source of fiber, delivering three times the fiber of regular pasta. AND guess what? There is a taste guarantee — if you don’t love it, you get a free box of your favorite Barilla® pasta. How’s that for putting your money where your mouth is!
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my kids noticed only that the color of the pasta was different, no mention of a taste difference. I’ll be making this again for sure.
For even more recipes using Barilla® Whole Grain Pasta check out TryBarillaWholeGrain.com.
EDITED TO ADD: Thank you for your entries. Contest has ended. Winner is #41: BIANCA@SWEET DREAMING and has been notified via email.
SWEEPSTAKES Question: What do you love about Barilla® Whole Grain?Rules:No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
This giveaway is open to U.S. Residents age 18 or older.
The Official Rules are available here.
Be sure to visit the Barilla® Whole Grain round-up page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!
- 1 pound Barilla® whole grain medium shells
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion - minced
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- Place a large pot of generously salted water on to boil. While boiling, add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Into a medium saute pan add butter or oil. Cook over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until softened.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and cook just until spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper
- Add drained pasta to saute pan. Toss to combine.