Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake Muffins
I’m smitten with Meyer lemons. They’re a cross between a mandarin and a traditional lemon. They still have that citrus flavor that I love without the pucker taste of traditional lemons. When they’re in season I grab them every time I can. I’m currently working on a batch of Meyer lemon limoncello. I’ll let you know how that turns out ; )
Until then I’m enjoying making anything and everything Meyer lemon. Including these muffins! They’re great for a quick grab and go breakfast (can even be made the night before) and pack a nice lemon-y punch.
- 1 box (15.2 oz) Cinnamon Streusel premium muffin & quick bread mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Grated peel and juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- Meyer lemon peel strips, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, stir muffin mix, milk, oil, eggs, grated lemon peel and lemon juice until blended.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Sprinkle streusel from packet over batter.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Garnish with lemon peel strips. Serve warm.