Boozy Chocolate Amaretto Semifreddo
It’s American Chocolate week! What, didn’t you know? We couldn’t let the week go by without making something with chocolate. That would be unthinkable. AND since it’s American chocolate what better to use than Scharffen Berger chocolate! Since the weather seems to have skipped straight into summer here we’ve gone with something on the cooler side, a semifreddo. Which means half cold in Italian. But saying I’d like a plate of half cold just sounds ridiculous so let’s just continue calling it semifreddo.
We’ve upped the ante with this chocolate semifreddo by boozing it up with my favorite Amaretto di Saronno. I’ve always thought, if you’re going to have dessert you might as well do it up! But the chocolate is indeed the star, it has a double dose with both unsweetened cocoa powder inside and shavings of the Sea Salted Almonds & Milk Chocolate Scharffer Berger bar on top (which btw is ridiculously divine).
Sharffen Berger Prize Pack FEATURES:
Full collection of eight Scharffen Berger chocolate bars (SRP $40). The bars range from 41% Extra Rich Milk to 82% Extra Dark and Milk with Sea-Salted Almonds to Dark Nibby.
So who wants to win ? Silly question right ; )
7. Like Scharffen Berger on FACEBOOK.
EDITED TO ADD: Thank you for your entries. Contest has ended. Winner is #22 : Amy – U Try It! Congratulations Amy.
Disclaimer: Scharffen Berger provided me with a sample of their products, they are also providing the shipping and product mentioned above to one lucky bell’alimento reader. My opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be (I just happen to love Scharffen Berger).
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup ScharffenBerger unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Amaretto di Saronno
- 8 ounces whipped cream
- ScharffenBerger chocolate bar of choice - shaved to garnish with
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar together until they become pale and creamy. Add flour. Mix to combine.
- Into a heavy bottom sauce pan add milk and bring to almost boiling. Remove from heat. Whisk in cocoa powder. Add amaretto.
- Slowly and gradually add chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- Return complete mixture to pan and place over low heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, gently fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Spray a large loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place parchment paper into pan, leaving enough so that you can fold it over the top, press down so that parchment sticks to pan.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan. Place in freezer for approximately 1 hour to allow it to set slightly. Fold parchment on top of mixture so that it doesn't form a skin. Return to freezer for additional 4-6 hours or until it's completely set.
- Remove parchment, slice, garnish with fresh berries and chocolate shavings if desired.