Pineapple Arugula Mint Mojitos
Well H-E-L-L-O gorgeous! One sip of this tall drink of
water deliciousness and you’ll be shaking your hips to the rhythm of the Mambo that will be playing in your head. I fell in love with these mojitos while I was in Monterey at the Dole Summit. I am obsessed with mojitos (one of the sole reasons I grow mint). I do have to admit that I had never imagined putting arugula into a cocktail before. But guess what? It works! The arugula lends a subtle peppery bite the cuts the traditional sweetness of the mojito .
This is a cocktail I’ll be making all summer and think once that you’ve tasted it you will be too! Now maybe I should think about planting some arugula ; )
Recipe slightly adapted from Dole
- 1/2 fresh DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves plus additional mint for garnish
- 1/2 cup DOLE Arugula
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 - 6 oz. can DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup light rum
- Ice cubes
- Reserve 4-8 pineapple chunks for garnish if desired. Puree remaining pineapple in blender or food processor.
- In large pitcher muddle or crush mint, arugula, lime wedges and sugar. Add pureed pineapple, pineapple juice and rum; stir well.
- Fill 4 tall glasses with ice cubes. Pour pineapple mixture over ice. Garnish each with reserved pineapple chunk and sprig of mint.