I have a thing for lobstah. I’m completely jealous of those who live in New England who have access to these lovely crustaceans on a whim. Not to mention on the cheap. Further down the East Coast where I live they’re definitely NOT cheap but somethings are worth splurging for and in my opinion lobster is one of them. I like them just dipped in butter, on a ROLL with even more butter, and most definitely hiding in a bed bed of spicy pasta.
Lobster chunks hiding amongst long strands of golden sauce laden sumptuous spaghetti. Sign me up any day of the week. And if you get your lobster steamed ahead of time at your favorite fish monger this decadent dish comes together in the time it takes for you to cook the pasta. To al dente perfection of course. No more, no less. Al dente.
Looking for an impressive dish to make for a special occasion? For that special someone? Or heck just because you want to treat yourself! This is the one. Looks like a million bucks and won’t have you slaving in the kitchen all day! Go ahead and grab a lobstah and for goodness sakes invite me over ; ) I’ll bring the wine.
More Luscious Lobster Recipes:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots - minced
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1 cup stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 Roma tomatoes - cubed
- 2 lobster tails – steamed and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. When boiling cook spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain.
- Into a large saute pan add: olive oil, shallots, garlic and chili flakes. Cook over medium heat for approximately 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add wine and stock. Season with salt/pepper. Allow sauce to thicken.
- When thickened add tomatoes and lobster meat.
- Add pasta. Toss to combine. If mixture is too thick, loosen with a little pasta water.
- Garnish with basil.