Slow Cooker Mini Meatball Sliders
If I never had to do dishes I would be one of the happiest people on the planet. Buying dishes that’s another story that I could do for hours on end but washing them bleck. Needless to say one pot wonders are pretty stinkin’ spectacular in my book. Slow cooker recipes that use a liner insert that you just toss after your done with no washing required. Now that’s worth a cartwheel or two. Maybe even a round-off. Or maybe just a solitary happy dance around the kitchen.
Have you ever used Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners? I typically just spray my slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray which still requires washing afterwards. That is until now. I was asked to create a recipe using Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. Guess what? They are fantastic! No washing. At. All. For more info on Reynolds Oven Bags visit REYNOLDS KITCHENS and if you’d like to try them yourself, Click here for a $1.00 off Coupon!
To make these little babies, we combined our favorite MEATBALL recipe (which is made with sweet Italian sausage and comes together lickety split) with TOMATO CREAM SAUCE and simply plopped it into the slow cooker. How tasty would these be as appetizers for a football party? Tailgating anyone?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Reynolds. I was compensated for my time and recipe development. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano – grated
- 1/4 cup onion – minced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1- 19.76 ounce package sweet Italian sausage - casings removed
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- slider rolls
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, milk, Parmigiano Reggiano, onion and garlic. Mix to combine. Add sausage to the bread crumb mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop out 24 meatballs. Shape into balls with your hands.
- Open slow cooker liner and place it inside the slow cooker bowl. Fit the liner snugly against the bottom and sides of the bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
- Place meatballs into liner, then turn slow cooker to 275 degrees. Place lid on slow cooker. Cook for approximately 1 hour or until pork is cooked through. Add sauce and continue cooking additional 10-15 minutes until sauce is warm.
- Carefully remove lid to to allow steam to escape.
- To serve place a meatball and a drizzle of sauce between a slider bun.
- Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss