BBQ Leftover Turkey Pizza
I am still STUFFED. If you’re in the states (which most of my readers are) I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving yesterday as well. Chances are if you cooked up a feast you have an abundance of LEFTOVERS. I happen to be a big fan of leftovers. I love the challenge of taking them and transforming them into something new and exciting. It’s gets my creative juices flowing. Plus if we’re being completely honest I can’t stand wasting food. It bugs me, badly, to have any food go to waste. Plus you can buy boots (insert your weakness here) with all that money you save.
I’ll be making lots of things with turkey this weekend. Turkey Pot Pie (who isn’t right), Turkey Stock (yes don’t waste those bones turn them into stock). Those will wait for tomorrow but today I’m not really wanting to heat up the stove and spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen, we just got it cleaned up after all and there is shopping to attend to. Today I’m taking a shortcut and making pizza with a little help from Pillsbury. 20 minutes and 4 ingredients and we’ll have dinner ready to go. Boom. Friday night pizza is on.
Grab that leftover turkey and shred it (or if you’re into chopping just give it a rough chop) toss it with a little bbq sauce and we’re halfway there. Pop the can of dough open unroll it and slather the saucy bird goodness on top. Sprinkle on the cheese, pop it into the piping hot oven and give the oven door a little hip check action (I’m not the only one who does that right?) 10 minutes later you’ll be ready to stuff your faces again. It’s a good thing.
Of course you can make this with leftover roasted chicken as well. Leftovers are a good thing! Get to it.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 13 ounces Pillsbury refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 2 cups leftover shredded turkey
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf Italian parsley - roughly chopped, optional
- 2-3 slices crispy bacon - crumbled, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll pizza dough and place onto a pizza pan.
- In a medium sized bowl add: turkey and bbq sauce. Mix until turkey is coated with sauce. Spread turkey mixture onto dough. Top with cheese.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes until dough is golden and cheese is melted.
- Top with optional parsley and bacon if desired.