This Spinach and Ricotta Pizza post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own.
What is it about pizza that makes it so darn irresistible. The cheese, the crust, the shape, the endless possibilities for toppings, sauces and stuffed crusts? I don’t see how one could ever get bored with pizza. It’s a blank canvas for creativity. I know we all have our favorites, my hands down favorite is pizza margherita.
It’s one of the few tomato based sauces that I gravitate to. Typically I like my pizza white. A little drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and pepper and then the toppings. Despite being a carnivore through and through, when it comes to pizza I usually go veg. Go figure. Well unless there’s bacon around and that’s just going to happen. Bacon doesn’t count right? Right.
This spinach and ricotta Friday night delight is high up on my list. It starts with a little flavoring of the crust, parmigiano and garlic powder and then it’s topped with good for you ingredients: thinly sliced red onions, I have an OXO hand held mandolin that I seriously love for small jobs like this, fresh spinach, grated mozzarella and little pillows of ricotta cheese.
A final sprinkle of homemade chili pepper flakes and then into the oven it goes. Just a few minutes later the pizza comes out golden, bubbly and ready for my tummy.
Who wants a slice? Or two? Or maybe it’s just me that likes to stuff my face with pizza.
Want more PIZZA INSPO? Try ..
It really makes our day when you make our recipes. IF you do please SHARE & TAG us on Instagram #bellalimento
- 1 - 11 ounce can Pillsbury pizza thin crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 small red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Unroll dough and place on a pizza pan (or baking sheet). Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with parmigiano and garlic powder. Season with salt/pepper.
- Scatter onions, spinach and mozzarella. Drop ricotta my tablespoonful. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.