Posted by https://bellalimento.com/2015/10/31/whiskey-brown-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies/
© 2015 bell' alimento. All rights reserved.
Whiskey Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rye whiskey
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Into a heavy bottom pan, heat butter over medium heat, stirring as necessary. Cook until butter begins to brown. Strain butter to remove any remnants.
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer add: butter and sugars. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Add: egg, vanilla, and whiskey. Beat until combined.
- Add; flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Beat until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill minimum of 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for approximately 11-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire baking rack to cool completely.