Keto Chicken Thighs with Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce, Crispy Bacon Crumbles and Spinach. A one pot, gluten free, keto friendly, low carb, wonder-meal. Pairs beautifully with pan seared cauliflower gnocchi to soak up the garlic cream sauce.
If the popularity of SKILLET CHICKEN THIGHS with FIRE ROASTED TOMATOES and WHITE BEANS is any indication, it appears that you all are REALLY into one pan meals. Perhaps you hate doing dishes as much as I do. If so, we could totally be friends. Or, if you served this chicken and invited me for dinner we might could be best frands.
As good as the chicken is, the sauce is pretty dang magnificent. I got lost in this sauce, not even going to lie. It’s creamy, cheesy (hello Parmigiano Reggiano, I love you) garlicky and peppered with mushrooms.
Did I mentioned we finished it with fresh spinach and bacon crumbles? We did. You should too.
This dish is keto friendly, gluten free and low carb. If you’re not into any of that, it’s simply delicious.
What to Serve with Keto Chicken Thighs with Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce?
Creamy garlic mushroom sauce begs to be served with something to sop it up. Bread or pasta is an obvious choice. I went with option C. Cauliflower gnocchi. My current favorite is TJ’s cauliflower gnocchi. I try to buy a few bags at at time to have on hand. It’s that good.
I have to admit, I was skeptical about the cauliflower gnocchi because of it’s insta popularity but alas, they are ADDICTIVE. I pan fried my gnocchi in bacon grease. Butter also works beautifully. The secret is to get a nice crust on them. Otherwise they’re a mushy mess and just like mushy pasta, no one wants that.
Once the chicken comes out of the oven add a handful of fresh spinach. The heat will wilt it and it melts into the sauce.
Garnish with the crumbled bacon and additional grated Parmigiano Reggiano and then sit back and enjoy the fruits of your not so hard labor.
Easy, one pan, delicious. Hopefully this is a contender for your weekly meal rotation. I know it’s going to be in mine.
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter -divided
- 4 - 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 ½ lb.)
- kosher salt/pepper
- 1 small onion - minced
- 2 cloves garlic - smashed
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms - sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- handful fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook bacon until crispy, turning as necessary. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt/pepper.
- Place chicken skin side down in skillet. Cook without moving 4 to 5 minutes, until skin is golden brown and chicken releases easily from surface.
- Turn chicken over and cook additional 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn off heat; remove chicken from skillet to plate.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Heat remaining butter in skillet, add onions and garlic and cook until softened. Stirring as necessary.
- Add mushrooms. Season with salt/pepper. Cook until softened.
- Add broth and whipping cream. Mix to combine.
- Add cheese. Mix to combine. Heat until just shy of a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet (skin side up) and transfer to oven.
- Roast 30 minutes OR until bubbly and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F).
- Prior to serving top with spinach and crumbled bacon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.