Serving piece by Villeroy & Boch
I think I have finally found a salad that I can happily eat. I know, me a salad that I love go figure. This one has tons of texture and freshness so there’s no room for me to get bored. The dressing alone I could just spoon it into my mouth. But I digress and wait for the lovely mixture of lettuce that’s peppered with thinly sliced apples, crunchy walnuts and dried cherries. Sounds good right?
My mother-in-law served this for dinner a few weeks back and everyone went back for seconds and thirds. We’ve since made it more times than I can count, including serving it at our coffee themed dinner party to rave reviews as well.
For a twist add a crumble of bleu cheese, feta cheese or even ricotta salata!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 small heads artisan lettuce
- 1 apple - cored, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Into a bowl add: olive oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup.
- Whisk to combine. Season with salt/pepper. Set aside.
- Add lettuce into serving bowl. Drizzle dressing on top.
- Garnish with apple, walnuts, cherries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.