Asparagus Parmigiano Puffs
I blinked and it’s November. I am finding it hard to believe in less than a week Thanksgiving will be here. There’s a whole lot of cooking that will be going on next Thursday. Most of it takes hours. That bird alone consumes most of the day and most of the oven space. To keep everyone from pulling their hair out because they’re starving waiting on it all come together (or is that just at my house?) I think it’s a good idea to have a few appetizers out. While I may want to bust out a bag of chips and dip and let them go at it, sigh it is Thanksgiving so I think a little bit of a more dressed up bite is in order.
Something like this little asparagus Parmigiano puff. While she make look like a fancy little appetizer she’s not at all. Smoke and delicious mirrors friends. With a little help from Pillsbury Crescent Rolls you can have these little bites pulled together in no time. Pop the Crescents into the oven, grab a bunch of fresh asparagus and steam them. You could even do this step ahead of time. Slice up a few fresh cherry tomatoes. I happened to have a few beautiful fresh cherry tomatoes left over from my garden but if you can’t find fresh no worries go with sun dried tomatoes (in oil) equally delicious. Top it with a little salt and pepper here (sorry child of the 80’s) and then a grating of Parmigiano.
It’s Fabulously Festive and (not so) Fancy!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 8 ounces Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 4 teaspoons pesto
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus - trimmed and steamed
- 20 cherry tomatoes – quartered
- 4 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano – grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Pinch seams together.
- Cut dough into 2″ squares.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray. Place dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Carefully remove from oven.
- Using a pastry brush or silicon brush, lightly brush pesto onto the tops of dough to cover with a thin layer.
- Divide asparagus and cherry tomatoes between squares.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle Parmigiano Reggiano onto tops.
- Bake for approximately 5 additional minutes.
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Small
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.