I love shrooms. It’s true. I love them in all their shroomy forms. From the oh so common versatile button to uppity truffle. I love them all. Now if only I could afford the uppity truffle but alas I’ll have to settle for truffle oil around these parts. I mean I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth, just that spoon you see there in the photo which I happen to have
lifted borrowed from my parents house last visit. Technically my Dad insisted that I take it (in case my Mom happens to be reading this, remember I’m the favorite child). Champagne taste on a beer budget. I’m afflicted with it.
Good thing mushrooms (with the exception of those uppity truffles) don’t cost an arm an leg so I can continue to feed my obsession. Whew. If you love mushrooms too (and I hope so) did you know there’s a place where you can find mushroom recipes all day every day? Yes there is (smiling from ear to ear) and it’s called The Mushroom Channel Blog. I know all mushrooms all the time. Dreamy and I couldn’t be happier that I happen to be a contributor. See that widget in the sidebar. It’s official.
Now who’s ready for a bowl of creamy dreamy polenta topped with a wicked good mushroom sauce? You of course!
Disclaimer: I am a 2013 official contributor to The Mushroom Channel Blog. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 cup polenta
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- kosher salt/black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms - stems removed, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan bring stock to a boil. Add salt.
- Gradually and slowly whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until polenta thickens.
- Stir with a wooden spoon as necessary. Once the polenta is cooked through, stir in Parmigiano.
- While the polenta is cooking, heat oil over medium-heat in a medium sauté pan. When pan is hot add in the mushrooms and cook until done.
- Add garlic and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Transfer polenta to serving dish, and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g