Nutella Hazelnut Pots de Creme.
Any excuse to make a decadent dessert and I’m in. Valentine’s Day no exception. As much as I love to have someone cook for me, I have to admit I don’t like to venture out for a romantic meal on Valentine’s Day. Why? Because in my experience, restaurants are over-crowded, over-priced and the service is typically slow on the love-iest dove-iest night of the year.
Plus I can make a very special meal at home for a fraction of the price. THEN you can plan on a date night the following week when it’s safe to exit the house again. Win. Win.
My go to romantic dinner is typically a nice big fat juicy STEAK (like this STEAK WITH SAUTEED MUSHROOMS & CHIANTI CARAMEL SAUCE) and/or something from the sea (like these SCALLOPS COQUILLES ST. JAQUES ) followed up by a decadent dessert.
Like these Nutella hazelnut pots de creme. French for pot of cream/custard. I translate it to wicked good. And made in the blender means easy peasy. This recipe is incredibly rich so the small portion is perfect.
You can top it with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, berries and nuts for a little extra pizzazz. Even better? You can make it the day before and have them at the ready. More time to put on lip gloss and fix your hair. A girl has to look good.
These Weck Jars are perfect for not only presentation but also for serving, they come with glass lids so storing them in the refrigerator is extra convenient.
Whatever you’re doing this Valentine’s I hope you’re surrounded by those you hold near and dear, along with a spoon and these Nutella hazelnut pots de creme.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 10 ounces Hershey's semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons ID Delight Hazelnut Cream
- crushed hazelnuts - optional
- Into a small sauce pan heat milk and creams until hot.
- While milk and cream are heating, into blender add: chocolate chips, Nutella, eggs, salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Gradually stream milk mixture into blender. Pulse until silky smooth.
- Equally divide mixture between ( 8) - 5.4 ounce jars. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or until mixture has set.
- Garnish with optional crushed hazelnuts if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Weck 760 Mini Mold Jar, 5.4 Ounce - 12 Jars
yasheng Demitasse Espresso Mini 18/10 Stainless Steel Bistro Spoon 12.5 cm (4.9 Inch), Set of 6
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with FourSide Jar (75oz volume/32 oz Wet/Dry Fillable), Professional-Grade Power, 6 Pre-programmed Cycles, 10-speeds, Black