This Pear Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread Pizza is sponsored. I am a paid ambassador for FlatOut Bread. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Prizing is supplied by, fulfilled by, and courtesy of FlatOut Bread.
I am a sucker for pizza. Thin crust please. I might be in the minority but thick crust or deep dish just isn’t for me. Thin it is and the crispier the better. Pizzas are fantastic because lets face it you can honestly top them with anything you like.
Some combinations are way better than others. I’ve had a few oh yeah um moments. But luckily you can usually salvage that carb-y cheesy goodness by picking off whatever isn’t working for you and press on.
FlatOut recently sent me some of their new Thin Crust Flatbreads to experiment with. Have you seen these in your store? They’re not only soft and scrumptious they are also super versatile and very budget friendly. What did I want to make with them first? Pizza. It was crying out to be turned into a thin crispy spring inspired pizza.
I had visions of sweet and juicy Asian pear slices, salty strips of prosciutto, a bed of peppery arugula finished off with a drizzle of robust balsamic cream. About 10 minutes later I was a happy happy camper. Minus the arugula stuck in my teeth.
You can find FlatOut flatbreads at your local Walmart – or use their product locator! For more inspiration, check out the 30 Days of Grilled Pizza going on over on the FlatOut Facebook Page. It’s FlatOut Good!
EDITED TO ADD: Contest has ended. Winner has been notified.
GIVEAWAY: A two night trip for 2 to Taste of Chicago Food Festival – July 10-14, 2013! a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 6- FlatOut Thin Crust Flatbreads rustic white
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 4 ounces prosciutto - roughly torn
- 1 Asian pear - thinly sliced
- balsamic cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pre-bake the flatbread on a baking sheet 4-5 minutes. Remove
- Top flatbread with a light drizzle of olive oil and approximately 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes OR until cheese has melted.
- Top with handful of arugula, prosciutto and pear slices. Drizzle with balsamic cream.