This Farmstand Ravioli with Zucchini post is sponsored. I am working in partnership with the KRAFT brand and I am receiving compensation for my participation in this campaign. All thoughts/opinions are 100% my own
I love this time of year when my local farm stands are open on road sides around my little water-tower town. Little pop up markets here and there. I stop in as much as possible. A) I love supporting my local farmers when I can B) I know where the food comes from and that’s is going to be fresh and freshly picked.
Plus ehem have you seen farmers lately? Not to mention they’re incredibly knowledgeable. Go ahead ask them about their food. They love it.
In fact I picked up some fresh local zucchini to make this Farm stand Ravioli with Zucchini. It’s 30 minute start to finish and something that my entire family loves. While I like to make my own ravioli when possible some nights I just don’t have the time so yes GASP I do use refrigerated pasta occasionally.
I’m okay with certain short-cuts. We can’t all be Martha and that’s okay.
You can use your outdoor grill for this one but I prefer to use my stove-top grill pan. I’m already at the stove boiling the pasta so why go back and forth right? Streamline. Streamline. I’m all about multitasking.
You start by slicing up those veggies, give them a little drizzle of liquid gold and plunk them down to sizzle. Ah can you smell it?
Dunk the pasta into the boiling water and once that’s cooked perfectly (don’t overcook these – mushy pasta is well gummy and that’s a term I only like to use with bears) Once the pasta is done and you’ve made the sauce everything comes together lickety split. In fact, they’ll probably be licking their forks too.
Don’t be surprised when they ask for seconds. Yeah doubling this might be a good idea.
- 1 - 16 ounce package refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 3 zucchini - cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small red onion - sliced 1/2" thick
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oi - divided
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese - divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) HUNT'S® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- Heat grill pan over medium heat.
- Cook ravioli in large saucepan according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brush zucchini and onions evenly with 2 tablespoons. oil; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Grill 5 minutes on each side OR until crisp-tender. Remove from grill; cut into 1-inch pieces when slightly cool.
- Cook and stir garlic in remaining oil in same saucepan on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; simmer on medium-low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ravioli, toss gently to coat.
- Add grilled vegetables, toss gently to combine. Top with remaining cheese.