This Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna Salad post is sponsored by California Endive Farms. Opinions are my own.
I’m trying REALLY hard to incorporate more salads into our weekly meals. For me to get behind a salad it has to have some bang to it. This sesame seared ahi tuna salad does that and then some. It’s base is made up of endive and arugula that’s been tossed lightly in a honey soy vinaigrette and then topped with a few well placed slices of perfectly pink sesame seared Ahi tuna.
Whether you eat this with a fork or chopsticks is up to you.
You might remember that I am an ambassador for California Endive. You know those beautiful bulbous looking little lettuces in the markets. Did you know that ENDIVE keeps longer than most other lettuces — 10 to 14 days in the refrigerator.
PLUS it’s always in season (we can’t say that about too much can we) AND there’s no need to wash ENDIVE. Just trim the bottom and you’re ready to go!
You might not believe that this seriously scrumptious salad comes together in about 5 minutes, well that’s unless you like your tuna cooked longer GASP, but it does. A little sear here, a little toss there and you’ll be grabbing your chop sticks (or forks) before you know it.
Disclaimer: I am an ambassador for California Endive Farms. I was compensated for my time in developing this recipe post. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 12 ounces ahi tuna
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- 1 endive - roughly sliced
- honey soy vinaigrette
- Season tuna with salt.
- Into a small bowl mix: sesame seeds and chili pepper flakes. Press mixture onto the sides of tuna.
- Place a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of canola oil. When hot add tuna and sear on each side, approximately 1-2 minutes depending on thickness of tuna (if you prefer your tuna more done cook it to desired doneness). Slice.
- Into bowl add arugula and endive. Toss with vinaigrette. Top with sliced tuna.