Black Bean and Avocado Grilled Tacos
This recipe was created for Old El Paso.
Have I ever told you I’m quasi obsessed with black beans. I am. Not only are they nutritious they’re magically delicious. Okay okay they’re not magical and now do you have a leprechaun in your head? I do. Focusing. Tacos, we’re talking tacos today. If you’re looking for a meatless Monday (or any other night of the week meal) option I think you’ll like this one as much as we do. In fact it’s a vegetarian version than even your hard core carnivore friends will love.
Black beans and sweet summer corn are tossed with Cuban seasonings and then creamy avocado slices are added to the mix. How can that be bad right? We could stop there but why when you can add cheese. Now for the shell. This grilled flour tortilla is the perfect happy medium between a crunchy corn tortilla and a soft flour tortilla. Once grilled they have just a smidge of crunch just enough so you don’t feel like everyone is staring at you for crunching down on corn tortillas. Or is that just me?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 15.5 ounces black beans – drained, rinsed
- 15.5 ounces sweet kernel corn – drained
- 1 tablespoon Cuban seasoning
- 6 Old El Paso flour tortillas
- 1 avocado – pitted, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Into a medium bowl add: beans, corn and seasoning. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a grilling pan lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking-spray. When hot, place tortilla onto pan and cook for approximately 1 minute per side until grill marks appear. Continue until all tortillas are grilled.
- Equally distribute bean/corn mixture between tortillas. Top with avocado slices and cheese.