Warm Chocolate Nutella Melting Cake
Am I the only one who feels like this summer has flown by? I blinked and it’s August. Since school let out back in June we have tried to squeeze in as much family fun as possible. We have visited the mountains of Virgina and the beaches of North Carolina and then last week we all boarded the Carnival Fantasy compliments of Carnival and took off for for 5 days to the beautiful blue Bahamas for our last big hoorah before school starts back in 11 days (not that I’m counting or anything ehem). This warm chocolate Nutella melting cake is what’s helping me get over my end of summer blues and I think it will help you too.
If you’ve never taken a Carnival cruise I highly recommend it. This was our second Carnival cruise and definitely not our last. Besides being an amazing value, it’s family friendly, there’s something for all ages and well let’s be honest there is food and drinks (Miami Vice anyone?) at pretty much your beck and call (hello room service) 24/7. Naturally I want to tell you all about the food first because well hello FOOD and travel blog.
Carnival is known for their Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. Chef de Cuisine told me they make thousands of these A DAY. That’s a whole lot of chocolate and butter people. I am not going to tell you how many we consumed because on vacation calories don’t count. Please don’t burst my bubble. It’s not for the faint of chocolate heart. It’s rich, dark and decadent and begs for a scoop of fresh vanilla bean ice cream. Once you take a bite it’s hard to stop. Not that I would know or anything. Sigh.
Luckily they shared their recipe with me so I can share with YOU. Naturally I tweaked it just a bit because well everything tastes better with Nutella. Amen.
Disclaimer: Carnival Cruise Lines provided us with cruise tickets. Additional expenses were covered by myself. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
Recipe adapted from Carnival Cruise Lines
- 3 ounces chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 eggs - room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees. Spray ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Into a glass bowl add chocolate and butter and melt in microwave stirring as necessary.
- Add Nutella and mix until combined.
- Into a separate bowl beat eggs and sugar until combined. Add flour and combine.
- Combine egg mixture to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Equally divide mixture between ramekins and bake for approximately 14 minutes.