S’Mores Panna Cotta
You probably know by now that one of my besties, Superstar Susan has a new cookbook out. It’s all about, you guessed it, S’Mores! I am incredibly proud of her hard work and so happy to help her spread the word! It’s a beautiful book that happens to have been photographed by another one of my awesome friends, Bree Hester (aka Baked Bree). You need a copy. Or two because honestly you’ll likely get chocolate or melted marshmallow on one and who wants to have a book with pages stuck together.
In honor of her new book I made a s’mores creation to pitch in while she’s away on her whirlwind book tour. I took one of my favorite desserts, panna cotta, and gave it a s’mores makeover. Rich creamy chocolate studded with cocoa nibs and then because we couldn’t stop there, it’s topped with warm gooey perfectly toasted marshmallows. It’s pretty much the bees knees and you should definitely give it a go. Then try out over FIFTY more s’mores recipes from Susan’s book!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces Fine Artisan Milk Chocolate – Roughly Chopped
- .25 ounce packet gelatin
- 3 tablespoons COLD water
- 4 marshmallows
- 1 graham cracker – crushed
- Into a heavy bottom pan add: cream and sugar. Heat over medium heat whisking until well combined. Allow to cook until bubbles start to form around the edges just prior to boiling.
- WHILE cream is cooking. Into a small ramekin add cold water and sprinkle gelatin packet on top. Set aside.
- Remove from heat add vanilla extract, chocolate and firm gelatin mixture. Whisk until well combined.
- Equally divide mixture between 4 – 7.4 ounce jars. Transfer to refrigerator to set up for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Prior to serving, toast marshmallows and place one per jar. Garnish with crushed graham crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Weck 760 Mini Mold Jar, 5.4 Ounce - 12 Jars
Weck 762 Tulip Jelly Jar, SET of 6
OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
yasheng Demitasse Espresso Mini 18/10 Stainless Steel Bistro Spoon 12.5 cm (4.9 Inch), Set of 6
Le Creuset of America Toughened NonStick Saucepan with Lid, 4 quart
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g