Pasta with Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
Don’t adjust your screens. I know you’ve grown accustomed to seeing pumpkin for the past week. Don’t panic, we’ll be back with more pumpkin soon. For now, we’re interrupting our pumpkin palooza to bring you this pasta with creamy mushroom sauce. We think it’s worth the exception to the editorial calendar (food blogger speak) and I think my skin is starting to turn orange from the sheer amount of pumpkin I’ve consumed but we won’t talk about that. I’ve never met a mushroom I didn’t like and when it’s paired with pasta well for me it doesn’t get much better than that. Well until you add cream. Heavy whipping cream because if you’re having cream why bother with half and half. Right?
This dish is another weeknight wonder you should consider adding to your culinary repertoire. Why? Besides being well grab a baguette and scrape all the sauce off the side of the bowl good, you’ll have it on the table in about 15 minutes and no can of anything required. We’re all grown up now (well most of us, the others well they know who they are) so no need to grab that sodium laden can o when making it from scratch takes minutes.
Ready to put that pot of water onto boil? Yes, duh.
- 1 pound pasta
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion - minced
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 8 ounces whole baby bella mushrooms - stems removed and minced. Mushroom caps, quartered
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Parmigiano Reggiano - grated
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Reserve ¼ cup pasta water. Drain pasta. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and minced mushroom stems. Cook for approximately 5-6 until softened. Stir as necessary.
- Add mushroom caps, cream and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add cheese and drained pasta. Stir to combine. If sauce is too thick add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with additional cheese if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g