If you’re a fan of sweet and salty then you’re going to love these no bake peanut butter pretzel bar treats. These are easy enough to whip up in about 30 minutes – you know in case you’re craving something besides a cookie OR if you’re still looking for last minute holiday gifts (tell me I’m not the only last minute girl), home-made treats are the way to go. Either way they won’t last long. There are only a few simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry AND they’re easy enough that the kids can make these themselves with just a little help from the microwave. No bake remember!
The main ingredient is of course peanut butter. I used Planter’s peanut butter that we picked up at Target. I’m at Target just about every other day. I should have it listed as much second home. I honestly should have a VIP shopper’s parking space I’m there that much (wink wink). It’s one of my happy places. I love that I can pick up everything from my groceries to make-up to my favorite black long sleeved t-shirts on the planet and YES everything else in between. I also love that I can save money using their red card in addition to finding great coupons. I even have them texted to my mobile. We’re like bff’s texting and all.
Speaking of SAVINGS – right now you can save up to $20 on participating Kraft products, only at Target. From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
This recipe was inspired by Add A Pinch’s Peanut Butter Bars
What You Will Need:
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 1 1/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly crushed pretzels
- caramel sauce - optional
What To Do:
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl add: butter, graham crackers, peanut butter and sugar. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and using an offset spatula smooth top. Transfer to freezer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe dish in microwave according to your microwave's directions.
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter and sprinkle with pretzels. Return to freezer for additional 15 minutes OR until firm.
- Cut into 9 large squares or 18 smaller squares. Drizzle with optional caramel sauce.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Meredith In Sock Monkey Slippers says
Seriously looks amazing! I’m litterally drooling over the keyboard.
Cecilia Baker says
These look delicious, and so easy! Thanks for sharing!
peanut butter pie in bar form, with pretzels? I’ll take the tray ‘mkay?
Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough says
Um, like I said on Instagram… HOLY MOLY. These look amazing.
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
Giiiiirl, these are dreamy!!
No Bake and Peanut Butter in the same sentence–music to my ears!
Amazing! My family would devour these!
Hope you guys have a merry Christmas!
Thank you Tieghan! Merry Christmas to you!
Julie @ Lovely Little Kitchen says
Saw these on FG and couldn’t look away! Love this combo of sweet and salty. Pinning to try soon.
Kari@Loaves n Dishes says
I’m trying really hard not to eat this kind of stuff, but now these bars are all that I can think about…so yummy!
Wowzers!! These bars look too good to be true!