Pork Medallions with Mushroom Marsala Sauce.
Pork. Mushrooms. Marsala. What’s not to love about this dish? It’s meaty, earthy and is sure to become a recipe in your go to repertoire. Serve the saucy medallions over a bed of glorious garlic mashed potatoes OR creamy polenta and call it a night. But not before adding a baguette. That sauce is the kicker.
I mean it’s okay to lick the plate when no one is around but if you have guests it’s probably best to mop it up with a nice piece of toasty bread.
Did I mention you can make these sexy saucy medallions in just 15 minutes? As if it wasn’t looking good enough already now you know it’s not going to take you ALL night to make. Have you added this your menu planning yet? Start out with a Smithfield portobello mushroom marinated pork tenderloin. When grilled or baked whole Smithfield’s tenderloins are ready to enjoy in about 20 to 30 minutes.
Not bad BUT we’ve shaved off even more cooking time by cutting our tenderloin into medallion portions.
Pork Medallions with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Because you know we like options, Smithfield marinated pork tenderloins come in the following flavors: Garlic & Herb, Peppercorn Garlic, Portobello Mushroom, Teriyaki, Golden Rotisserie, Mesquite, Rosemary & Olive Oil. For those of you watching your sodium intake, they’ve lowered the sodium in all of their marinated pork products an average of 25.5%, making them healthier than ever.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Smithfield. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Smithfield Portobello Mushroom Seasoning Pork Tenderloin - sliced into 2" medallions
- 1 shallot - minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup half and half
- kosher salt/pepper
- 5 ounces portobello mushrooms - sliced
- Into a large non-stick skillet melt butter and olive over medium heat.
- Add pork medallions and brown on both sides. Approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and transfer to a warm plate.
- Add shallots to pan. Stir to coat.
- Remove pan from heat. Add Marsala.
- Return pan to heat and continue to cook until liquid has reduce by half. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula or spoon while it's cooking.
- Add cornstarch to half and half and whisk into sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have softened.
- Return pork medallions to pan and turn to coat.
- Serve over garlic mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
We would love to see them!