I was compensated by Tyson Foods to produce this post.
Rice bowls are only second to (bowls of) pasta for me. Like pasta, I could eat rice bowls every. single. day. Not to mention, anytime I can use a pair of chopsticks I’m in. Sushi anyone? I do have a confession, I’m awful at making rice. It’s my food kryptonite and is exactly why I have an amazing rice cooker that handles that for me. Let’s just say I know my strengths and weaknesses and it was high time I moved on. IF you happen to have a rice cooker you can have this beautiful bowl of saucy goodness on the table in 20 minutes.
What’s the secret to our quick an easy teriyaki chicken bowl? We just added Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken strips. Did you know that Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken (and beef) products are fully cooked with a delicious grilled taste? They’re 100% all natural, made with white meat chicken, 97% fat free, and have no preservatives. You can find them in the freezer and refrigerated sections at your local grocers in a new space saving bag for your freezer. The same amount with the same great grilled taste!
The goal of the “Just Add This” program is to make smarter eating choices and squeeze in some exercise, even when pressed for time. Now through March, you can join the “Just Add This” program at Facebook.com/GrilledandReady by clicking on the Just Add This tab where you can find motivational tips to help you along your journey, along with a new Grilled & Ready® recipe – most under 500 calories – and good-for-you prizes, like a Lululemon® gift card and more!
Here are some additional tips from Fitness magazine for Tyson® Grilled & Ready® “Just Add This” program:
- At breakfast, just add a sprinkle of cinnamon to your coffee, yogurt or oatmeal. It helps promote healthy cells and reduces muscle inflammation.
- To boost your mood, just add some exercise to your daily routine. Regular physical activity is associated with an 85% higher likelihood of being happy.
- To shop smarter at the supermarket, just add a healthy snack like a piece of string cheese and an apple before you hit the store. Hungry shoppers buy 45% more high-calorie foods than shoppers who aren’t hungry.
Disclaimer: I am working in partnership with Tyson Foods and I am receiving compensation for my participation in this campaign. All thoughts/opinions are 100% my own.
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup prepared white rice
- 6 strips Tyson® Grilled & Ready chicken breast strips
- 3 tablespoons terriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion sliced
What To Do:
- Cook chicken according to package directions.
- 1 minute before chicken is finished cooking add 3 tablespoon teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of chicken.
- Equally divide rice and chicken between bowls. Drizzle any remaining sauce on top and garnish with green onion.