This post is brought to you by the US Highbush Blueberry Council.
Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Compote. Pancakes are a big deal in my house. I’ve
started to make a big batch of our scratch mix and keep it in the fridge so it’s super easy to whip up. Add a little milk an egg and boom you’re done. That’s the basic version. Basic is good but sometimes you want a little something something extra right? Like ricotta and blueberries. How can that be bad? It can’t.
Blueberries are little blue dynamos. They’re full of antioxidants, they’re incredibly versatile and pack a powerful flavor punch. Basically they’re good and good for you. Our Ricotta pancakes have them peppered throughout and then as if that wasn’t enough they’re topped with a blueberry compote. Can you tell we like blueberries? Compote couldn’t be easier to make and you can use fresh or frozen blueberries. If you can simmer and stir you’re golden.
For more blueberry recipes, visit the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council website.
EDITED TO ADD: Thank you for your entries. Contest has ended. Winner has been notified via email.
GIVEAWAY: The U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council has generously offered to give one lucky reader a $75 VISA gift card. Enter using the Rafflecopter Widget Below.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the US Highbush Blueberry Council and is conjunction with the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
- 2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups homemade baking mix
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- Into a medium saucepan add blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until berries release their juices and mixture thickens. Stirring as necessary. Set aside to cool.
- Into a large bowl add: baking mix, milk, egg and ricotta. Mix until you have a thick batter consistency.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter at a time. When bubbles appear around edges flip pancake. Continue cooking on other side for additional 1-2 minutes. Continue with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with blueberry compote.
- Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible 20" x 10.44" Grill/Griddle Pan with Easy-Grip Handles, 10.5" x 20"
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.