Italian Steak with Grilled Radicchio Salad
Would you be amazed to know that I had everything delivered to my door to make this incredibly tasty Italian Steak with Grilled Radicchio Salad. Each ingredient pre-portioned (no measuring people). The delivery box also included an 8 x 10 recipe card complete with step by step photographs with clear and concise cooking directions, cooking tips and glossary of terms. Pretty much every thing is done for you but the cooking and the dishes. I’d say that’s pretty amazing and that I’m sorry I didn’t think of this incredible service myself.
Photo Credit: Plated
What exactly is this service I’m talking about you ask? It’s called Plated. “PLATED is a ready to cook dinner kit service. Plated makes it easy for you to to cook a fantastic gourmet meal in thirty minutes or less.” I recently discovered Plated when I was nominated as a finalist for Plated’s Best Food Blog Award (hooray). They contacted me with the news and asked if I’d like to try a few plates. YES and thank you. I went to their website, chose my plates (there are meat/fish and vegetarian options), chose the delivery date and had them delivered to my DOOR. It was really that simple.
Interested? Here’s how it works: You can pay per plate as you go or you can choose to sign up for a membership which has its benefits (who doesn’t love benefits),
- Browse & Choose Recipes: Each week, 7 chef-designed recipes are featured on the menu. The dishes include 4 healthy meat and fish options and 3 unique vegetarian dishes.
- Get Plated Delivered. Select Your Delivery Day. Delivery days vary according to where you live. Enter your zip code on the menu page to see which days are available in your neighborhood.
- Cook Plated. Enjoy Your Recipes. All of the ingredients you need arrive fresh to your door. Read through your step-by-step recipe cards & get ready to cook up some fun!
Your recipes arrive in a 100% recyclable, biodegradable box to keep your food cool. The ingredients are packed fresh and pre-portioned to cut back on waste. Transfer your meals to the refrigerator that evening and your ingredients will remain fresh for the next 4-5 days!
Responsible & Delicious
“By cooking with Plated, you are helping to support organizations like Teach for America. As a company, we strive to partner with companies that support healthy lifestyles, and further our waste-free mission by donating any remaining ingredients to local food banks. Plated uses local and seasonal produce whenever possible and source our meats from local, family-owned purveyors. We partner with responsible companies like Sea to Table to make sure that our fish is always fresh, and wild-caught when possible.”
This is fantastic service for anyone who’s: busy, in a cooking rut, having a dinner party, cooking for someone special, wants to learn to cook or even those who are on VACATION! Yes, seriously, I had several plates delivered directly to our spring break beach rental home (check our instagram feed to see the variety of #platedpics) Talk about convenient. I didn’t have to think about what I was going to cook or go shopping for the ingredients. I simply ordered the week before and voila dinners were covered. They even have gift cards (talk about a great idea for new parents)
I love that their meals are FRESH, healthy, convenient and less expensive than eating out! You’re pretty much on cooking auto pilot here. The hardest part will be deciding which plates to choose.
SPECIAL EXCLUSIVE OFFER for BELL’ALIMENTO READERS – 2 FREE PLATES for all new customers.
Plated is offering 2 FREE plates for all NEW customers. (That’s a $30 value) Their standard website offer is $20 off first order, so THIS truly is a better deal than you could get elsewhere. Minimum 4 plates per delivery date required. Offer expires May 25th, 2014.
Ready to order? Use CODE:
NOTE: Plated currently delivers to 80% of the continental U.S. Enter your zip code on their website to see if they’re in your neighborhood!
I hope you’ll take them up on their offer! It’s a good one.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Plated. I was provided with meals for review purposes. Opinions are my own.
Recipe by Plated.
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf Italian parsley - divided, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch oregano - divided, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch basil - finely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary - finely chopped
- 5 sprigs thyme - finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic - minced, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil - divided
- kosher salt/pepper
- 10 ounces skirt steak - rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 14 ounces radicchio
- Into a medium bowl add HALF of parsley and oregano, all of rosemary, thyme, half garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour HALF the marinade over skirt steak reserving the remaining. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Into a separate medium bowl, whisk together remaining parsley, oregano and garlic, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt/pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse radicchio and pat dry. Halve lengthwise (keeping roots intact). Cut each half in thirds. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and radicchio to a grill pan over medium heat. Cook until charred and wilted, approximately 4 minutes, flipping half way through. Set aside.
- Add steak to pan and cook until browned on outside and medium rare, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes. Cut against the grain into slices.
- Divide steak and radicchio evenly between 2 plates. Drizzle dressing over radicchio and reserved marinade over steak.