Strozzapreti with Burrata and Broccolini
I honestly can not fathom how anyone could ever get bored with pasta. Ever. The possibilities are endless. ENDLESS. Take this dish for instance, it was one of my clean out the fridge dinners. I picked up some gorgeous broccolini and burrata from Trader Joe’s earlier this week (when I was on my monthly gourmet jelly bean run – have you had them? oh my GAWsh) and cherry tomatoes from my local farm stands (which I do until my garden starts pumping them out, come on garden!). I knew those would make an excellent quick and healthy dinner so off to the dinner races we went.
With the end of the school year winding down and activities coming at me faster than a speeding bullet I feel like most days I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off. By the time I get back home from taxi service every evening dinner has to be quick and easy. Pasta is the answer on those nights (and okay any other really if you’re a pastaholic like me). 30 minutes or less is best. This one comes in at 15. I’ve always been an overachiever.
A pot and a pan and 15 minutes. Yes I think that’s totally doable. And there’s burrata which makes me weak at the knees. I can NEVER turn down anything with burrata, but really why would you want to. It’s the Lambo of soft creamy dreamy cheeses. Yes, I said it. Lambo. Who am I?
- 1 pound strozzapreti pasta
- kosher salt/pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon infused olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces broccolini - par steamed
- 1 ball fresh burrata
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. When boiling add pasta and cook until just shy of al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water prior to draining.
- Into a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and tomatoes, Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes burst. Add broccolini and cooked pasta. Toss to combine.
- Transfer pasta to serving platter. Drop burrata by the spoonful onto platter, finish with a drizzle of olive oil.