Baked Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
My eggplant is finally starting to come into my garden. Which means you’ll be seeing MANY more eggplant recipes here on the blog while our garden is cranking them out. I hope you like eggplant as much as I do. If not, don’t tell me because then I’d have to try and convince you what you’re missing out on and I’m stubborn and persistent and won’t let it go. Now you know.
Eggplant Parmesan is a classic. What’s not to love about eggplant, homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil. Exactly. The traditional method can be a little heavy so we’ve taken the liberty of lightening it up a bit. Which means I can eat more. Win win. I think you’re going to go ga ga over these stacks.
Custom New West KnifeWorks Santoku pictured
Something else that I think you’ll go ga ga over are New West KnifeWorks knives. If you’ve been popping by our little place on the interwebs for any length of time you’ve seen them regularly in our photographs. They’re kind of hard to miss. Sexy doesn’t even begin to describe them. Yes knives can absolutely be sexy. From my very first New West KnifeWorks knife I was hooked. So much so, I gave away all the other knives I had before immediately.
Truth. At the moment I’m smitten with my Custom Santoku. She takes my breath away. Handmade from top to bottom. Not just a pretty face, she’ll cut through anything and everything. Very much a Games of Thrones knife if I’ve ever seen one.
When people ask me what’s the ONE kitchen tool I can’t be without my answer is a GOOD SHARP KNIFE. New West KnifeWorks knives are PROUDLY MADE in the U.S.A and All New West Kitchen Knives are backed by their Lifetime Replacement Guarantee. American made quality that lasts a lifetime.
Lucky for YOU we’re giving you an opportunity for a chance to WIN a 7 PIECE BLOCK set of New West KnifeWorks Knives. Estimated Retail Value is $1295. Christmas is coming in July for ONE lucky person.
1 – 7 PIECE New West KnifeWorks Knife Block SET (ERV $1295) New West Knifeworks is committed to making the finest American Made Chef Knives. They spare nothing to separate themselves from other knife makers and they’re confident that you will appreciate the difference on your cutting board. For those of us who love fine food, cooking is an art, and a quality knife is the artist’s brush. At New West Knifeworks, they make their chef knives like they cook; they use the finest quality ingredients and prepare them with the patient hands of an artist. Their chef knives are finely tuned, quality instruments, a fusion of form and function. Their customers refer to their American made kitchen knives as ‘kitchen jewelry’ and their chef knife sets as ‘sculpture for the counter top.’ Note: Specific Rules and regulations can be found within the entry link.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by New West KnifeWorks. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 2 medium eggplant - sliced into 1" slices
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt/pepper
- 1 recipe prepared tomato sauce
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella - sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano - grated
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place eggplant slices onto foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt/pepper. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until softened.
- Note: Prepare tomato sauce while eggplant is baking.
- To assemble. Top eggplant round with a slice of mozzarella, a tablespoon of tomato sauce 1 basil leaf. Continue pattern 1 additional time.
- Return baking sheet to oven and cook until cheese begins to melt.
- WHILE eggplant stacks are in oven, into a small bowl combine panko and Parmiggiano.
- Prior to serving garnish with 1 teaspoon of panko mixture and additional basil leaf.