I’m a big fan of chicken thighs, bone in (flavor baby) it’s the cut that I gravitate to first. Sometimes I need a cut that’s going to cook up much much faster. Say when I have a herd of hungry people in my kitchen screaming what’s for dinner, MOM I’m hungry, and the other dozen or so statements that I block out after the first two. Am I the only one? Surely I can’t be. That’s where chicken breast tenderloins come in. They cook up in lickety split and help keep the peace and my headaches at bay.
We add a whole lot of flavor to the chicken with this crazy good and super simple white wine and mushroom sauce. Bonus points because you can have a glass of wine while you’re cooking dinner. I mean you kind of have to, it’s going in the dish and it’s right there in front of you. Right? Right. Whose to argue with logic like that. It takes 30 minutes top to bottom to make this dish. We always have a batch or two of our HOMEMADE CHICKEN STOCK on hand (or in the freezer) and the rest of the ingredients in this recipe are pretty standard staples.
The recipe would go great with rice or even pasta (either one can be cooked in the time it takes the chicken to cook, multi tasking people it’s a good thing). At the very least you’ll want to have a baguette on hand. Otherwise you might end up licking the plate to get all the sauce. Not that there’s anything wrong with that if you’re dining alone. Been there, done that.
Next time you’re in the mood for a quick and easy weeknight chicken dish try out our 30 MINUTE CHICKEN with WINE AND MUSHROOM SAUCE recipe!
Bring on the ‘shrooms!
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- kosher salt/pepper
- 1 1/4 pound chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter - divided
- 8 ounces small button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Place flour into a shallow bowl. Season with salt/pepper.
- Lightly dredge chicken into flour covering both sides. Shake excess flour off. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet with oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Brown chicken 3-5 minutes each side (depending on the thickness). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to pan. Add mushrooms. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add wine, chicken broth and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce thickens.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g