Honey Bourbon Grilled Chicken
I have a confession to make. I’m kind of obsessed with chicken wings. The saucier the better. If you’re not getting sauce on your face while you eat wings then you’re not doing it right. It’s not a first date kind of food. Best eaten among friends. Just saying. I also recommend not wearing a white shirt. It’s just a bad idea. Sauce stains and those just don’t come out.
I also prefer the legs over the wings so it’s good to pair up with someone who likes the opposite so you can scarf down all the legs (or wings) that you like. Or is that just me? I suppose I could just make all legs but then I couldn’t call them wings. Seems I’m quite particular about this aren’t I. Ha.
Instead of baking or frying our wings we’ve gone the grill route and used Tyson® Fresh Chicken (wings and legs). Did you know that Tyson Fresh Chicken is all natural* with no added hormones or steroids**? Yep. It arrives at your store fresh, delivered within days from leaving the farm. How’s that for fresh? Tyson has a heritage of producing chicken raised by family farmers for over 75 years.
Each piece of chicken is hand trimmed for convenience to save time and effort. That is extra bonus points in my book. Want to learn more? You can find helpful tools and resources to make meal planning easy for you and your family on their website.
This honey bourbon BBQ sauce is dyn O mite and makes enough to feed a hungry oh say tailgating crowd because apparently it’s that time of year again, or so my friends tell me. It’s so good you’ll want to slather it on just about everything. Just don’t forget the napkins.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Tyson. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.|
* Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients.
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.
What You Will Need:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot - minced
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- kosher salt/pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Tyson fresh chicken wings
- Tyson fresh chicken legs
What To Do:
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add butter, shallot and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add bourbon. Cook until mixture is reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add: ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, hot sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar, and honey. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Grill chicken according to package directions.
- When cooked, transfer chicken to a large bowl, add desired amount of sauce and toss to coat.
- Store remaining sauce in refrigerator.