Spaghetti with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Did you know that October is National Pasta Month? To be honest, I actually didn’t – every month is kinda pasta month around here ; ) But I’m glad for the pasta-bration never the less. Any chance to bring on the bowls o pasta is a good thing in my book. In honor of National Pasta Month, Dreamfields is celebrating with a new blogger pasta recipe EVRY day this month.
That’s 31 new recipes coming at ‘cha. 4 weeks of themed pasta dishes using different cuts of pasta. Heck to the yeah. This week is vegetarian and we’ve plucked a few red peppers out of garden and put them to good use with an easy dreamy creamy sauce that will twirl your socks off.
We used fresh red peppers BUT if you don’t happen to have fresh peppers you can absolutely substitute jarred roasted red peppers. I won’t tell. Actually my garden is at the end of it’s season (que tears, pass the tissues please) so next time I will be popping the seal on a jar myself. This sauce is simple to pull together and when mix and mingled with spaghetti makes a great weeknight vegetarian meal option.
Add some bread, a salad and a glass of wine (or water, whatever floats your boat) and you’re all set. Well unless you’d like to invite me over, that would be cool too. We are celebrating after all.
It’s not a party without gifts right?
EDITED TO ADD: Contest has ended. Thank you for your entries. Winner has been notified by email.
“Dreamfields pasta tastes great with your favorite pasta dishes and can be included in your healthy meal plan. Its blend of fiber and plant proteins helps create a pasta that offers many healthy benefits while still having the same great taste of traditional pasta. Look for the black box in the pasta aisle at your local store, buy from one of our online partners or at our online store.
- 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of plant protein per serving
- Helps you feel full with a balance of fibers and plant proteins
- Prebiotic fiber helps promote healthy digestion
- Taste and texture of traditional pasta”
Disclaimer: This post and giveaway are sponsored by Dreamfields. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 pound Dreamfields spaghetti
- kosher salt/pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers - drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- fresh rosemary to garnish
What To Do:
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water prior to draining.
- WHILE pasta is cooking, into a medium - large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and roasted red peppers. Cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add milk and cheese. Stir to combine. Transfer mixture to blender and pulse until pureed.
- Return sauce to saute pan. Add drained spaghetti. Toss to coat. IF sauce is too thick, thin using reserved pasta water. Garnish with rosemary.