Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Carnitas
I’m all for low and slow cooking. Set it and forget it if you will. Now that it’s finally fall (happy dance) I’m doing a lot more of that type of cooking. I’m excited to share with y’all that I’ve partnered with Crock-Pot® Slow Cookers to bring you a few recipes using their new Crock-Pot® Smart Slow Cooker WeMo Enabled.
What does that mean? It means that it works with your smart device (Android and Apple) to let you easily adjust cook settings … from virtually anywhere. Pretty smart, right? Right!
Want to see it in action? Check out the video below.
“The Crock-Pot® Smart Slow Cooker enabled with WeMo® is everything that you love about Crock-Pot® Slow-Cookers taken to the next level. If you have been looking for a great reason to get a new Crock-Pot® Slow-Cooker–this is it! This Slow-Cooker features a roomy 6-quart capacity that accommodates large families or dinner parties, It has an oval shape that fits roasts and large cuts of meat, and the glass lid helps trap in heat and moisture.
Once cooled, the Slow-Cooker cleans up easily. Wipe down the heating base’s exterior with a damp cloth and place the removable stoneware and glass lid in the dishwasher. With the Crock-Pot® Smart Slow Cooker enabled with WeMo® you get brand new benefits that enhance your slow cooker experience. It lets you connect and cook with the flexibility to change settings to meet your schedule.
Using the FREE WeMo® App, this smart Slow-Cooker adjusts temperature, cook time and more all from your smart device. Simply sync your slow cooker to the FREE app and you have access at your fingertips. The app provides options to monitor remaining cooking time, change your cooking temperature, adjust cook time up or down, shift to WARM setting and turn off. You have the assurance that, no matter where you are, you have dinner under control. “
These carnitas are a snap to pull together using a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker. They’re big, bold and flavorful and there’s always enough for leftovers (well that is unless you’re feeding a whole cul-de-sac at a time and then no leftovers for you). We like to turn those leftovers into a nice plate of Carnita Nachos! Options. You know we like them.
Stay tuned, we’ll be bringing you a new Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker recipe next month. We’re thinking about a Balsamic, Dijon Pot Roast with Mushrooms and Carrots! Hungry?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® Slow Cookers. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 4 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 limes - juiced
- 1 orange - juiced
- 12 ounces beer
- ½ cup salsa
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- fresh cilantro - garnish
- flour tortillas
What To Do:
- Rinse and pat pork shoulder dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork shoulder in the Crock-Pot Slow Cooker. Roughly chop the garlic and place in the slow cooker
- Sprinkle the meat with salt, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, cinnamon, and cayenne. Rub seasonings onto the pork.
- Add lime juice, orange juice, beer, and salsa. Follow directions for your Crock-Pot WeMo Slow Cooker, cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Using two forks, shred meat.
- In a large saute pan, heat vegetable oil over high heat. Place desired amount of meat into oil and fry until crusty on one side.
- Serve on tortillas with fresh cilantro, avocado, and lime juice.