DIY Glitter Rimmed Mason Jars
We’re getting our GLITTER on today! Literally, it’s in all the places. BUT these jars are so gorgeous I’m going to ignore the fact that I now look like a disco ball.
They are absolutely perfect for not only the holidays (these will so be gracing my New Year’s Eve Table) but I can even see these for birthdays, weddings, engagement parties okay pretty much for anything and everything that you want to add a little sparkle to. You do want to sparkle don’t you?
You can pick up almost everything for this project at your local LOWE’S HOME IMPROVEMENT. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mason Jars
- Valspar Metallic Spray Paint
- Mod Podge Gloss
- 1″ Paint Brush
- Extra Fine Glitter
- Fresh Flowers
1. Make sure your mason jars are clean and dry.
2. Place jars upside down on a cardboard box. Spray jars with desired metallic paint. Allow jars to dry completely. Apply a second coat if necessary.
3. Using a paint brush, apply Mod Podge to bottom 1/4 of the jar. Sprinkle glitter over Mod Podge. Gently shake jar to remove excess glitter. Allow jars to dry completely.Do NOT use tape when painting Mod Podge onto jars. It will remove the paint.
4. Add water and fresh flowers.
These jars are for decorative purposes only.
I ALWAYS have mason jars lying around the house (yes we even drink out of them – Southern law and all) and I love to re-purpose (call it frugal, cheap, whatever) so this easy DIY project is right up my alley. I used pint sized mason jars with fresh flowers for this project but I could see these with just about any size you want to use. I’m thinking of making smaller ones (using jelly jars) and adding floating tea lights. Nice right?
We decided to go with gold and silver to keep it festive for the holidays. But because you know how much we love options, I think it would be gorgeous using pale pastel paints and glitters or even black, yes most definitely black.
Check out more from Lowe’s Creative Ideas Network by subscribing to their Creative Ideas Magazine and E-Newsletter, following them on Pinterest, and by seeing what the other Lowe’s Creative Ideas Network members are up to.