Sauteed Mushroom and Brie Bites
Google tells me that appetizer recipes are all the rage this week. I’m no psychic but I’m guessing it has something to do with New Year’s Eve PARTIES ; ) Personally I’m always a fan of appetizers. I like to have a little something to nosh on before the main event. It keeps my stomach from embarrassing itself from loud and obnoxious noises that have people turning to see what in the world could be making that noise (yep that would be me).
You see as much as I always have the best intentions and tell myself hours before to eat a little something before said party or event I NEVER ever seem to actually do it. Getting side tracked by reading my kindle and then realizing I have OH thirty minutes to pull myself together might have something with it. But anyhoo. Appetizers, they’re a good thing.
If said appetizer happens to contain puff pastry, sauteed mushrooms and BRIE it’s an even better thing. These little beauties are like the best mushroom pizza you’ve ever tasted but instead of presenting them as a classic jeans and t-shirt presentation we’ve thrown on a pair of hot (L.A.M.B.) stilettos paired with a black pair of skinny jeans and added a sparkly top.
In a trendy nutshell, mushroom pizza in an appetizer portion that’s perfect even for a swanky (or not) New Year’s Eve Soiree.
So grab your puff pastry and mushrooms of choice and get to baking. You and your party guests are going to love these!
Disclaimer: I am a recipe developer for The Mushroom Channel. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
- 2 count - 17.3 ounce puff pastry box – thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot – minced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms – sliced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces brie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add wine and cook until wine has completed reduce and mushrooms are cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 equal portions.
- To assemble: Place a slice of brie into center of each puff pastry square. Top with a spoonful of mushroom mixture.
- Fold pastry into a triangle. Seal using a fork. Transfer to baking sheet. Continue with remaining squares.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Serve warm.
- Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
- PaperChef Natural Release Coated Non-Stick Culinary Parchment Paper, (1) 205 sq ft roll (15 in x 164 ft)
- Pastry and Pasta Cutter Wheel - 1.5" Diameter
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.