Raspberry Nutella Frangipane with Pistachios
I believe in moderation. So since I’ve been a VERY good girl this week and put in the time with my workouts I’m rewarding myself with a tart. A raspberry Nutella frangipane topped with powdered sugar and pistachios (insert smile and sigh). I’m not going to eat the entire thing (although I could, I really could).
If I did that, that would require me to be on the treadmill even more hours of the day than I already am and I’m so not willing to do that, which means one (okay maybe two) slices for me. You know for being so good and all.
And I’m sure y’all have been just as good so let’s all celebrate. Tarts for EVERYONE! Maybe you’re gearing up for that pig skin party this weekend? You should really have something SWEET to serve with all those dips, chips, sliders and such.
If you’re strapped for time, you can make this tart the night before and just add the garnish right before you serve because I think it’s delicious served room temperature. If I’m being totally honest I’d eat it warm straight out of the oven OR cold too but that’s just me and my wicked sweet tooth talking.
You can’t make a tart without EGGS and we’ve used Davidson Safest Choice Eggs. “Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs are pasteurized in an all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. The vast majority of eggs sold in grocery stores are NOT pasteurized. Safest Choice™ offers peace of mind when making recipes calling for raw or undercooked eggs, and removes the worry of cross contamination. Learn more about Safest Choice pasteurization process and find store locations.
So go ahead and be a tart, or make a tart, preferably this Raspberry Nutella tart with powdered sugar and pistachios because it’s aca-awesome.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Safest Choice Eggs. I am an ambassador for Safest Choice Eggs and part of the Darling Dozen. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar - to garnish
- chopped pistachios to garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a rectangular tart pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place pie crust into tart pan and gently press so that it presses against sides and bottom.
- Spread Nutella on bottom of pie crust. Set aside.
- Into stand mixer add: sugar and butter. Mix until light in color and creamy. Add eggs, salt and almond extract. Mix until combined. Add flour. Mix until combined.
- Pour mixture over Nutella. Spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Bake for approximately 40 minute OR until toothpick passes through cleanly.
- Add raspberries in 3 rows. Garnish with powdered sugar and pistachios.