Gluten Free Ginger Snap Crusted Chocolate Mousse Tarts
Gluten free is looking good. Real good. If you’re looking for an easy peasy dessert you’ve found it. Chocolate mousse is quick and easy and honestly you can eat it by itself if you don’t want to take the extra step and make the crust. I’m not going to lie and say I haven’t. I kinda look forward to keeping the bowl, beaters and spatula to myself.
What can I say, you know I have a wicked sweet tooth. I could tell you it’s quality control. Yeah, on second thought let’s go with that.
We used gluten free ginger snap cookies to make our crust (hence why the recipe is indeed gluten free). We went old school, threw them into a zip top bag and bashed the bazooky out of them with a mallet. It’s a stress reliever and a great arm workout not to mention you just throw the bag away when you’re done. If you’re feeling particularly stress free feel free to use your food processor.
These little gluten free goodies happen to get better the longer they sit in the fridge so making them the night before is optional but not required. We’ve used mini tart pans making a perfect individual serving size but you can absolutely use a a single large tart pan. Options you know we love them.
A graham cracker crust would be great too, you know if you can’t find ginger snaps. More options. Who loves ya?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Real Seal. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 8 ounces gluten free ginger snaps - crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar - divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese – softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- fresh mint to garnish - optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 6 mini tart pans or 1 large pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Into a bowl mix ginger snaps and butter. Divide equally among tart pans. Press to form crust.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Into the stand mixer add: whipping cream and half sugar. Using whisk attachment, whisk until you have whipped cream. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- To mixer add: cream cheese, remaining sugar, vanilla extract. Mix to combine. Add cocoa powder. Mix to combine.
- Using a spatula, fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into tart pan(s).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with optional mint and additional cocoa powder prior to serving.