Sauteed Cauliflower and Thyme Mac and Cheese
Like almost every other child I know my kids go berserk for macaroni and cheese. They’d probably eat it every single day if I let them. I grew up eating traditional baked macaroni and cheese, let’s be honest it’s some kind of amazing but it’s a process, a timely process.
Sometimes I just don’t have that kinda time on my hands when I’m faced with three fired up kids asking for mac and cheese please. Times like those call for a stove top version of macaroni and cheese that hits the spot.
Horizon has come out with an organic mac and cheese that fits the bill. It’s made with REAL Horizon organic cheese. “It’s the way mac should be. Their mac and cheese delivers the simple joy of tender pasta with just the right amount of yummy, cheesy sauce.
It’ll hold your kids at the table like a mac magnet, and you might even find yourself reaching for a bowl too.” Here are some mac facts: Certified organic ingredients. Made with real Horizon organic cheese. No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Good source of calcium and protein.
Because I like to add veggies where I can, we’ve thrown in our favorite sauteed cauliflower recipe to this mac and cheese mix. It’s got a sprinkle of chili flakes (not enough to off put the kids but enough to give it a little extra something something) and a real flavor zip from a dash of lemon zest.
The cauliflower cooks in the time it takes the pasta to cook so you’ll have this meal on the table in under 15 minutes. How’s that for fast and easy?
To find Horizon’s NEW Organic mac and cheese check out their product locator and while you’re there, take a peek at Horizon’s new MAC-N-ATOR, the mac and cheese recipe generator that will surprise and delight your family while make your life (a little) easier.
Parents simply select the ingredients that are already sitting at home and the MAC-N-ATOR will generate a mac and cheese recipe using Horizon mac and cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
What You Will Need:
- 6 ounces Horizon organic pasta shells & white cheddar cheese
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Horizon organic reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Horizon organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 head cauliflower - florets cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3-4 sprigs thyme
What To Do:
- Place 6 cups of water onto boil. Season with salt. Stir in pasta cook 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Stirring occasionally.
- WHILE pasta is cooking, into a medium saute pan, heat olive over medium heat. Add cauliflower and allow to brown evenly on each side. Season with salt, pepper, chili flakes and lemon zest.
- Drain pasta and return to pan. Add milk, butter, cheese sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add cauliflower and garnish with thyme.