Chicken and Bacon Rotini
Chicken and pasta with bacon. I’m in. Every. Single. Time. What I love about this pasta dish, well it would probably be easier for me to tell you what I don’t like about it. That would be that somebody else wasn’t making it for me. That’s about it. There are so many plus items for this dish. It’s made in less than 30 minutes. You can use leftover grilled chicken and bacon to save time.
Before the emails start flying into my inbox asking how does anyone have leftover bacon let me tell you. You have to HIDE a few slices when you’re cooking it for breakfast and then you can use it during your evening cooking. Simple. That is if you’re good at hiding things.
Otherwise just plan on making more bacon. There are worse things.
Wanna know what else? This dish is also good warm or COLD. ‘Tis the season after all for pasta salad. If you’re lucky enough to have some leftover it makes an incredible lunch the next day.
I was planning on eating this myself for lunch the following day but instead it was packed up and sent to school with Miss Priss. I hope she appreciated that. I’m a giver. What can I say.
We’ve used Dreamfields rotini for this recipe but you can absolutely swap that out for penne or any other short pasta. Not feeling the chicken? Had too much chicken lately? Try substituting shrimp for the chicken if you’re feeling frisky. Options, you know how much we love them around here.
“Dreamfields pasta tastes great with your favorite pasta dishes and can be included in your healthy meal plan. Its blend of fiber and plant proteins helps create a pasta that offers many healthy benefits while still having the same great taste of traditional pasta. Look for the black box in the pasta aisle at your local store, buy from one of our online partners or at our online store.
- 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of plant protein per serving
- Helps you feel full with a balance of fibers and plant proteins
- Prebiotic fiber helps promote healthy digestion
- Taste and texture of traditional pasta”
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Dreamfields. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
Chicken and Bacon Rotini
Chicken and Bacon Rotini with Spinach
- 1 box (13.25 ounces) Dreamfields Rotini
- kosher salt
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2-3 cloves garlic - minced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach leaves - stems removed
- Place a large pot of water onto boil (salting is optional). Add pasta. Cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water prior to draining. Drain pasta. Set aside.
- WHILE pasta is cooking, into a large skillet over medium heat cook bacon until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside. Crumble when cool.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook over medium-high heat 2-4 minutes per side OR until cooked through (cooking time will depend on chicken thickness). Remove chicken. Set aside to rest.
- Add garlic to pan. Cook over medium heat until softened. Turn off heat. Add reserved pasta water, cooked pasta and olive oil. Toss to combine. Add spinach. Toss to combine.
- Slice chicken and arrange on top of pasta. Garnish with crumbled bacon.
I’m a big fan of dreamfields! This dish looks amazing. I love the way you styled it!
Jeff the Chef says
Mmm! Bacon is chicken’s best friend, as far as I’m concerned. I love the combination of the two. I think I’ll make this tonight.
oh, yum! I’ll take a big bowl right now, that looks amazing!
Sharon @ What The Fork Food Blog says
Chicken, bacon and spinach – yum, yum and yum!
The Food Hunter says
Love me some pasta carbs!
Sarah Walker Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella) says
Chicken. Bacon. Pasta. Does it get any better?
I have a weakness for chicken in pasta, so this dish is totally calling out to me!
Heather / girlichef says
You are definitely a giver ;). Bacon and chicken is one of my favorite combos – this looks like perfection to me.
Lauren @ Healthy Delicious says
Bacon makes everything delicious!
Amanda @ The Kitcheneer says
I’m definitely in it if there is bacon! YUM I will definitely be making this!
Nutmeg Nanny says
I want some of that pasta stat! LOVE the drizzle of olive oil on top….yum!
this sucks butt i need instructions.