Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Pasta
Did you know that October is Healthy Pasta Month. It is! Pretty much erry month is pasta month around our house, not going to lie. Dreamfields has gathered up a fantastic group of bloggers and have put together an ENTIRE month of pasta-rific recipes to share with Y’ALL! Guess whose day is TODAY?
Mine, y’all are so sharp. We decided on a super easy STOVE TOP creamy spinach and mushroom twirler that I think you’re going to love as much as we did. It comes together in less than 30 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknights. Or just because you want some spaghetti. Because. Spaghetti.
The fun isn’t going to stop with my recipe, NOPE. As I mentioned all month long, Dreamfields is featuring a different blogger every day and sharing their pasta recipes. For more pasta-rific-ness (is that a word? If not it totally shouldbe), follow Dreamfield’s tweets, posts, pins, pictures and videos for delicious recipes and all kinds of helpful information. Because caring is sharing y’all. Did your Mom tell you that as much mine did?
Want to win some of your very own Dreamfield’s Pasta? We’ve got your chance …
A family prize pack of Dreamfields Pasta PLUS a $25 gift card to spend as you choose! You know you want this! I mean who couldn’t use pasta, and cash.
Share THIS post (you choose the social club of your choice: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ (is anyone using that) and simply TAG ME and include the hashtag #HealthyPastaMonth. Then, leave me a comment BELOW letting me know you did. That’s it. Easy Peasy.
RULES: Contest is open to those 18 years of age or older and that have a valid US mailing address. Odds of winning depend on number of entries. One winner will be randomly chosen on October 22, 2015 and notified via email. Winner has 48 hours to reply or they forfeit prize and an alternate winner winner will be drawn.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Dreamfields. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 box Dreamfields Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion - minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 ounces button mushrooms - sliced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano to garnish, optional
What To Do:
- Into a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until softened. Add thyme and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened.
- In a large stockpot, add water and bring to a boil (salting is optional), Add pasta, stirring as necessary and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Add pasta and cream to large saute pan. Toss to combine. Add spinach. Toss to combine. Check for seasoning. Add salt and additional pepper to taste.
- Finish with grated cheese if desired.