Broccolini Mushroom Salad.
This is a super simple side salad (or salad for one if you’re not into sharing and I couldn’t blame you on this one) that’s perfect for spring and summer. It comes together lickety split for those of us who aren’t high on cooking as it gets warmer. I’m more about grill all the things then. Or just because you’re starving (hangry people where you at?) and impatient but don’t want to down a bag of chips. I can’t be the only one, right?
If you wanted to get extra fancy you could add sliced chicken or beef and make it into more of a meal. Options, you know how much I love them. Even fancier, go ahead and toast those sesame seeds up prior to adding them for an extra nutty kick in the flavor pants.
Whatever you do the star of this dish is definitely mushrooms, because SHROOMS rock the casbah.
Disclaimer: I am a recipe developer for The Mushroom Channel. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 1 brunch fresh broccolini - trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms - sliced
- Into a large saute pan add 1/4 cup water and heat over medium heat.
- When simmering, add broccolini and cook until just softened.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Set aside.
- Into a small bowl whisk together: soy sauce, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and garlic.
- Pour into pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Pour over broccolini. Toss to combine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g