4 Ingredients and about 15 minutes are all you need to make this festive pine cone shaped holiday cheese ball.
This post is sponsored by REAL® Seal
Pine Cone Shaped Holiday Cheese Ball. I don’t want to alarm anyone, but Thanksgiving is in TWO WEEKS. Maybe I’m just alarming myself. Probably the case. You see, I’m hosting Thanksgiving for the VERY FIRST TIME ever. No pressure right. Who am I kidding. So much pressure. I’m not a planner. Like at all. I’m most definitely in the fly by the seat of my pants category.
I’m incredibly jealous of those who have plans. Who make plans. Meal plans especially. It would save me SO much time. Being that this is an important meal, I’m doing my best to embrace planning. And by embrace I mean forcing myself.
I do like to have something to nosh on straight away when my guests arrive. It gets something in their bellies and let’s me finish up the cooking and final details without rushing and more than likely messing up and oh say burning something.
That would be embarrassing yeah? I however, do not like to spend a lot of time on appetizers or desserts.
Doesn’t mean they aren’t going to be delicious, just means they’re going to be practically effortless. Believe it or not, this cheese ball, by the way, it’s not made of pine cones, only has 4 ingredients.
Did I mention that you can make it in less than 15 minutes? It’s perfect for fall, Thanksgiving and into winter entertaining.
How Do You Make A Pine Cone Shaped Cheese Ball?
We start out using REAL® dairy products. REAL dairy products taste better because they’re made using REAL ingredients. Cream cheese and cheddar cheese are the stars of this appetizer. They’re mixed together with herbs and then free formed into the shape of a pine cone. It’s finished off with the addition of whole almonds.
Make the cheese ball in advance and then set it out to come to room temperature before your guests arrive. This way, the cheese is softened and it is easier to scoop onto your chips, or vegetables, or just into your mouth with a spoon. Because CHEESE.
- 8 ounces REAL cream cheese - softened
- 8 ounces REAL shredded cheddar
- 1-2 tablespoons dried or fresh herbs of choice
- 1 cup whole almonds
- fresh rosemary sprigs - to garnish, optional
- Into a medium bowl mix together: cream cheese, cheese and herbs.
- Transfer to serving tray and form into the shape of a pine cone.
- Starting at the tip, arrange almonds in rows until covered.
- Garnish with optional rosemary sprigs.
- Lipper International 1030 Acacia Tree Bark Footed Server for Cheese, Crackers, and Hors D'oeuvres, Large
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Amco Stainless Steel Spreader, Set of 4
- Raw Almonds Sweet Wild Harvested - Bulk - Comparable To Organic, Steam Pasteurized, Prebiotic, Natural Almonds, Family Farmed Since 1875 - Raw 3lb Bag From Ellie's Best
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.