Spicy Corn Dip.
This might be the most addicting dip I’ve ever put into my mouth. I kid you not. It’s warm, creamy, cheesy and definitely corny. I happened to have been watching Food Network one afternoon. Which is a rarity for me, I know you might think I would watch it all the time, but nope.
I’m more of a discovery channel or history channel nerd and okay okay I’m totally into the Hallmark channel this time of year. Guilty. As luck would have it, they were showcasing a restaurant that was serving up a corn dip.
Color me curious. Why? They were putting sweetened condensed milk in there. It sounded wacky but honestly I’m willing to try ALMOST all types of food combinations at least once. I’m really happy I did.
I didn’t catch all the measurements but I got the gist of the dip and after a few tries came up with something that I could eat just about every day of the year and be a happy camper.
The jalapenos balance out the sweetness of the condensed milk. You can add more if you like to cry when you eat food. I’m just a fan of heat, not crying. I used canned corn for this recipe but I think fresh would be amazing. Perhaps even roasting it first, more amazing.
I’ll have to try that next summer when sweet corn is in season. Not that I’ll mind remaking this because anything for research purposes. Comparison. All for y’all.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Iowa Corn. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeno - minced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 15 ounces sweet corn
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Into a saute pan heat butter over medium heat. Ad jalapenos and garlic. Stir and sautee until softened. Add corn. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and heat through.
- In a small bowl mix together: condensed milk, mayonnaise, and mozzarella.
- Combine corn mixture with milk mixture. Pour into small cast iron skillet.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes OR until bubbly.
- WHILE dip is baking, cook bacon until crispy. When cool crumble.
- Prior to serving, garnish dish with crumbled bacon and chopped chives.
- Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula, 11", Red
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- Lodge 6.5 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Extra Small Cast Iron Skillet for Stovetop, Oven, or Camp Cooking
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.