I wrote this post as part of my participation in a blog tour on behalf of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, the makers of PEPCID®. I received compensation to thank me for taking the time to participate. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
BBQ Cola Pork Chops.
I am from the South and yes I’m Southern as grits. We’ll put bbq sauce on all the things. I’m not even kidding. I even like to dip my fries in bbq sauce. Pretty sure I was spoon fed bbq sauce as a baby, but that’s neither here nor there. Don’t blame my Mom, I probably grabbed the spoon and did it myself. Now you know my love affair with sauce runs deep. I like mine sweet, tangy and with a kick. Spice is nice. Sometimes though spicy just doesn’t agree with me. Does that stop me from eating it? Nope, not a chance. I don’t let a little heartburn scare me off. I just keep the PEPCID COMPLETE® handy. I take the directed amount and it’s taken care of quickly and let’s me keep on keeping on.
Last month, PEPCID COMPLETE® hosted a 100 Course Dinner in New Orleans, to celebrate that when heartburn is off the table, you’ll want the dinner and conversations to last.
No running away from the table or sitting there miserable. It was dubbed the Carpe Dinner, Chef Isaac Toups, of “Top Chef” fame, hosted five food-loving guests at his NOLA restaurant, Toups’ Meatery, where all came together to enjoy a delicious 100 Course Dinner and engage in mouth-watering conversations. They seized dinner and so can you!
These pork chops are made indoors using a grill pan. You can absolutely grill them outdoors, it just happens to be cold at the moment and the grill pan is quick and easy. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chops. The sauce is the kicker, it’s made using a few simple ingredients and the spice level can be tailored to your taste buds.
I like to serve these chops with a side of steamed red potatoes, which you guessed it, I like to sauce up. It you’re feeling adventurous you could even add cheese to your potatoes. I know. Living on the edge. I don’t worry about it though, I’ve got my PEPCID COMPLETE® handy.
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt/ground black pepper
- 6 bone in pork chops
- In a medium sauce pan add: cola, ketchup, Dijon and red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Heat over medium heat and cook until it thickens slightly.
- WHILE sauce is cooking. Heat a large grill pan over medium heat.
- Season pork chops with salt/pepper on both sides.
- Grill chops on both sides until cooked through.
- Baste pork chops with sauce prior to serving.
- Le Creuset of America Toughened NonStick Saucepan with Lid, 4 quart
- Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible 20" x 10.44" Grill/Griddle Pan with Easy-Grip Handles, 10.5" x 20"
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Small
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.