This recipe post was sponsored by Avocados From Mexico in partnership with the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Say hello to your new favorite game day appetizer. Crispy Baked Avocado Fries with Spicy Dipping Sauce. These fries are a must make recipe for your game day spread. Although tasty, fries don’t have to always be made from potatoes, they can in fact, be made from many other ingredients including the oh so delicious avocado.
Avocados are so versatile. We all know and love guacamole, and the iconic avocado toast, but do you know avocado fries? If you’ve never had avocado fries you’re in for a treat. They’re a great option for your handheld bites during the Big Game day coming up.
Want to add even more flavor to your avocados (or on all kinds of food)? Just add TABASCO® Sauce. Did you know that TABASCO® Sauce is made with ONLY 3 simple ingredients: tabasco peppers, a small amount of salt and high-quality vinegar.
I was so impressed to find out that every bottle of TABASCO® Sauce is made from hand-picked, ripened red tabasco peppers.
Baked not fried.
Not to mention, TABASCO® Sauce’s pepper mash is aged in white oak barrels for up to three years right here in ‘Merica on Avery Island in Louisiana. It’s true, TABASCO® Sauce will Flavor Your World and liven up almost any recipe or dish.
We liberally added TABASCO® Sauce’ to not only the eggs in the dredge for this recipe but to the dipping sauce for these incredibly crunchy and creamy avocado fries as well. I’m obsessed with these crispy baked avocado fries and I think you will make these too!
I’m part of a team that consists of 4 other awesome food bloggers who’ve also EACH created recipes especially for your Big Game Day! Take a peek at what each of them have prepared. I know you’ll want to PIN THEM ALL for later.
Delicious Everyday’s – Sweet & Spicy Avocado Egg Rolls
Kleinworth Co’s – Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
Tamara Camera’s Blog – Sweet Spicy Chicken Salad Avocado Bowls
The Wicked Noodle’s – Chorizo Potato Tacos
As if a recipe and a slew of other delicious recipes wasn’t exciting enough. There’s MORE. Could you maybe, perhaps, use a little extra CASH? Say 1,000 ? I thought you might be interested. We’ve got an AMAZING GIVEAWAY and all you have to do to enter is follow the prompts on the Rafflecopter widget below. $1000 Gift Card GIVEAWAY:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 2 firm but ripe avocaods from Mexico - halved
- kosher salt/black pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs - beaten
- TABASCO® Sauce to taste
- 1 cup panko
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut avocados into 4 slices per half. Season with salt/pepper.
- Set up dredging station: place flour, eggs, and panko into three SEPARATE shallow bowls.
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Season eggs with TABASCO® Sauce as desired.
- Place avocado slices into flour, proceeded by egg then panko. Transfer to baking sheet. Continue until all are done.
- Spray the tops of avocado fries with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until crispy and golden. Flipping fries half way through.
- WHILE fries are baking, into a small bowl mix together: mayonnaise, lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and desired amount of TABASCO® Sauce.
- Serve fries warm with dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
- Duralex 100010 Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps