This is sponsored post brought to you by Blue Harbor. Opinions are my own.
Pasta alla Puttanesca is a plateful of umani goodness. If you’re not familiar with this particular dish, spaghetti alla puttanesca is an Italian pasta dish that was believed to be invented in Naples in the mid-20th century. It’s been around for a long while and with good reason. It’s beyond delicious. Its ingredients typically include tomatoes, olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers and garlic.
I’m adding a little extra goodness to mine today. Tuna. Not just any tuna. Blue Harbor wild Albacore tuna. Have you heard of it? A few reasons I was impressed with it are:
- The tuna is wild, line-caught premium quality fish that offers a delicious, mild, clean flavor.
- Blue Harbor is MSC Certified, which means it complies with sustainable practices and ensures each fish is traceable back to the boat.
- It’s soy Free, Gluten Free and Dolphin safe.
I also really LOVE that their tuna comes in a convenient pouch. That means no cans to open AND, wait for it, their pouches require NO DRAINING. How’s that for convenient. You can select either sea salt or no salt added tuna. If you live in the South or Southeast like I do, you can find Blue Harbor Tuna at your local Publix store. Simple ingredients that are environmentally friendly. That’s something I can get behind.
For this tangy puttanesca sauce I went with the no salt added tuna. Typically I like the touch of sea salt but in this dish that already has a salty flavor from the anchovies and capers, I like that I’m able to control the amount of salt.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Harbor. Opinions are my own.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 tablespoon capers/anchovy paste
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup black olives - halved
- 1/4 cup calamata olives - halved
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces Blue Harbor Wild Albacore Tuna in water, no salt added
- 1 pound buccatini pasta (or spaghetti)
- grated Parmigiano to garnish
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. When boiling add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Into a large skillet or saute pan heat olive over medium heat. Add garlic and capers/anchovy paste. Heat until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, artichokes, olives. red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Add tuna.
- Transfer drained pasta to skillet and toss to coat.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love all these flavors! What a great dinner recipe.
Jacque Hastert says
What a great combination of flavors!
Amy @ Little Dairy on the Prairie says
This looks super tasty! I have to try it out!
Angie McGowan says
This pasta looks incredible! Delicious!
Erin Dee says
Love that Blue Harbor tuna is available in pouches! So convenient and less messy. This tuna puttanesca is a must make! Looks so delicious!
Wow, what a great dish bursting with flavor!
Katerina @ diethood .com says
Such a fantastic dish!! I LOVE it!
alyssa | everydaymaven says
This looks amazing and I love the flavor combo!
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says
Loving this easy pasta recipe! So delicious!
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet says
I love all these flavors, it looks fabulous!
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes says
I’ve never heard of this tuna before but this dish sounds absolutely amazing! I’ll be looking for it so I can make this.