Orecchiette Pasta with Peas and Parmesan. This is a simple vegetarian pasta that’s perfect for spring. It’s made using orecchiette pasta (little ears) and combines peas and parmesan with an olive oil drizzle. Simple yet satisfying.
This post was sponsored by Le Sueur Peas as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own
I honestly haven’t met a pasta shape that I wouldn’t devour, but if you asked me to narrow it down, one of my all time favorites would be orecchiette. Orecchiette is Italian for little ears. Which makes sense once you look at them. They’re perfect little scoops of pasta that are begging to be filled with ingredients like PEAS.
Not just any peas, Le Sueur® Very Young Small Sweet Peas. I have been eating these peas, you know the ones in the iconic silver labeled can, my entire life. It’s a brand that has been around for more than 100 years and are known for their premium breed of petite, sweet peas. They’re so delicate that the only way to maintain their exquisite tenderness from farm to table is in a Le Sueur can.
I came about my love of Le Sueur peas because they were my Grandaddy’s favorite peas. I can’t remember very many Sunday suppers or holiday meals (like Easter) that didn’t include a side dish of Le Sueur peas at his request. They were always prepared simply with butter and black pepper.
While they are an easy and convenient side dish, I love to add the very young small sweet peas to pasta as well. You don’t have to worry about them turning to mush when cooking with Le Sueur peas either. Le Sueur Very Young Small Sweet Peas stay firm when cooked so you feel like you cooked a good, quality meal. Who wants mushy peas? Amiright?
Where can you find Le Sueur Peas?
This Orecchiette Pasta with Peas and Parmesan comes together in about 15 minutes. It’s Simple yet satisfying. You’ll scoop it right up!
For decades families have relied on the Le Sueur brand to deliver consistent quality and simple goodness. Mine included. I’ll always look for that silver label when I’m shopping for peas. They’re available in most grocers. I purchased my peas at my local Food Lion. You can check this handy dandy PRODUCT LOCATOR to find a store near you.
Connect with Le Sueur on Facebook!
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- kosher salt/black pepper
- 8.5 ounces Le Sueur very young small sweet peas - drained
- 1/4 cup mozzarella pearls
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese - shaved
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. Season generously with salt.
- When boiling add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water prior to draining.
- Return pasta to pot. Add peas, mozzarella pearls and enough olive oil to coat.
- Transfer to serving vessel and garnish with shaved parmesan and black pepper.
- Kuhn Rikon 21601 Slim Safety Lidlifter + Can Opener and Lid Lifter, White
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps
- OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.