Zucchini Noodle Salad with Tomatoes. A soon to be summer staple that requires NO cooking!
Sponsored post by Mirum. All opinions are my own.
It’s spring-ish y’all! I’m excited to plant my summer garden soon. I’m actually a little behind my normal planting schedule because of this crazy weather that can’t seem to make up it’s mind. I plant a decent amount of herbs and vegetables but I always seem to have an over abundance of zucchini and crooked neck squash from my garden bounty. I’m ALWAYS looking for ways to use them because it pains me to let anything go to waste. I can already tell, this zucchini noodle salad with tomatoes is going to be making an appearance and often.
This quick and easy zucchini noodle salad is perfect for a light lunch, dinner or even as a side dish to take to pot-lucks and picnics. Did I mention that there’s NO cooking required?
I found this recipe thanks to Publix. The Best Meals Happen at Home provides delicious recipes that can be made by families any night of the week. If you’re looking for mealtime inspiration, recipes AND great savings be sure to SIGN UP to receive their emails. #MyBestMeals.
I picked up the ingredients for this recipe at my local Publix. T
hey’re currently running the following specials: BOGO Talenti Gelato Sorbetto and Breyers Delights -Valid 4/18 -4/25 $2.00 off any ONE (1) Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Product (24-30oz.) – Valid 4/18 – 5/9 BOGO Betty Crocker Potatoes (4.5 – 5.1 oz. box) -Valid 4/18 -4/25 $1.00 off any TWO Knorr Sides Products – Valid 4/18 5/9 BOGO Pace Organic Salsa (16 oz) – Valid 4/18 -4/25 BOGO Hunt’s Canned Tomatoes (28-29 oz) – Valid 4/18 -4/25
Who doesn’t love a great deal? Amiright?
This zucchini noodle salad with tomatoes is so refreshing and perfect to eat all spring and summer long. You’ll mix up a quick vinaigrette then toss it with your zoodles (zucchini noodles), thinly sliced red onions (because who wants a giant hunk of onions), fresh herbs, tomatoes and mozzarella. A quick chill in the fridge so the flavors and mingle for a smidge and you’re done.
That is really all there is to it. Easy peasy, summer breezy.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 each red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained or 1 can of (28 oz.) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups fresh bocconcini mozzarella cheese, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add vinegar, sugar and olive oil to a small bowl and whisk until combined to make a vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Add spiralized zucchini, red onions, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Toss it in the red wine vinaigrette until combined.
- Chill before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.