Beet Panna Cotta with Honey is a decadent pudding-like dessert with an absolutely gorgeous color. It comes together in about 15 minutes then it simply needs to chill for a few hours to set up. Making it a perfect make ahead dessert option.
This post is brought to you in partnership with Aunt Nellie’s. Opinions are my own.
Just beet it! You knew that was going to happen. C’mon. This week is Aunt Nellie’s Beet Week to celebrate the versatility of beets by creating new and innovative ways to enjoy beets all day long. Aunt Nellie’s beets are so incredibly versatile. They work in most recipes, or straight from the jar or single- serve cup (because tasty), which makes them a fit for most any meal category from breakfast to dessert.
Yes even dessert! Hence beet panna cotta with honey.
While I love roasted beets sometimes I just don’t have time to roast them. Aunt Nellie’s saves you time because all of the peeling, cooking, pickling is done for you, without sacrificing flavor. Did you know that Ruby-red beets are antioxidant-rich, and provide vitamins (like Vitamin A, C and Folate), minerals (like Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Potassium) and fiber to the diet? They sure are.
For more information about each of the SEVEN varieties of Aunt Nellie’s beets visit www.AuntNellies.com , you’ll also find even more beet-centric recipes to serve to your family and friends.
Want to try them yourself? Aunt Nellies beets can be found in supermarkets across America. Look for them in the jarred and canned vegetable aisle.
Panna cotta is my go to dessert. It’s simple. It takes less than 15 minutes to make and the rest is chill time in the refrigerator. It can also accommodate ALL kinds of different flavors. Like beets!
I simply drained and pureed my Aunt Nellie’s beets and added it to my panna cotta base. It’s that simple. It pairs beautifully with the honey and optional walnuts. It’s the perfect unexpected dessert.
Our friends at Aunt Nellie’s are providing ONE LUCKY bell’alimento reader with a $100 Visa Gift Card plus an Aunt Nellie’s prize pack! Enter using the rafflecopter widget below.
- 15 ounces Aunt Nellie's sliced beets - drained and pureed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean - slit down middle
- 1 packet gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- honey to drizzle
- walnuts to garnish - optional
- Into a heavy bottom saucepan heat: cream, sugar, beet puree over medium heat. Whisk until combined.
- Add vanilla bean, continue cooking until warmed through and bubble appear on sides. Do not scorch cream.
- Remove from heat. Discard vanilla bean.
- WHILE cream is cooking, into a small ramekin add water.
- Sprinkle gelatin on top and allow to bloom.Whisk bloomed gelatin into cream mixture until dissolved.
- Equally divide mixture between jars. Allow to come to room temperature and then transfer to refrigerator to chill until set. 2-4 hours.
- Garnish with a generous drizzle of honey and walnuts if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Weck 760 Mini Mold Jar, 5.4 Ounce - 12 Jars
- Weck 762 Tulip Jelly Jar, SET of 6
- yasheng Demitasse Espresso Mini 18/10 Stainless Steel Bistro Spoon 12.5 cm (4.9 Inch), Set of 6
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps
- OXO 11132100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps