If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal give this four ingredient Bucatini with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce a try. 4 ingredients and 20 minutes later, you’ll be twirling those bodacious bucatini around your fork, into your mouth and be lost in the creamy decadent sun dried tomato sauce. Who doesn’t like to get lost in a good sauce?
If you follow me on Instagram (and if not why not wink wink) you may have recently seen this terrific twirler on my feed and in my stories. Judging by the amount of comments, messages and even texts I received I knew I needed to share the recipe with y’all. Persistence pays off.
There are JUST four ingredients you’ll need to make this dish happen. FOUR. They’re nothing fancy either, which means you won’t have to schlep all over town (or across your keyboard) to get them into your kitchen. 20 minutes is the amount of time you’ll need to have this on your plate. 20 minutes. Completely doable. Once their on your plate, you’ll be twirling those terrific bucatini around your fork and wondering why you ever thought about giving them up in the first place. Wait, is that just me?
No worries, you’ll be too lost in the sauce to even give it a second thought.
What is Bucatini?
Bucatini, is a thick spaghetti-like pasta with a hole running through the center. Picture a straw. The name Bucatini comes from Italian word “buco” which means hole. Now you know.
How do you cook pasta al dente?
In cooking, al dente describes pasta or rice that is cooked to be firm to the bite. Al dente is Italian for “to the tooth”. The term identifies the ideal consistency for pasta and involves a short cooking time.
One of the worst things you can do is OVERCOOK your pasta. If that happens, just start over. Gummy is a term that should only be used with bears behind it, preferably sour bears.
If you’d like to make this pasta dish EVEN better, add BURRATA to the plate. Pierce the cheese with your fork and then twirl the pasta in. OH MY PASTA!
What is Burrata?
Burrata is a fresh Italian cow/buffalo milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella, while the inside contains stracciatella and cream. It’s like a cheese balloon and you need it in your life. Trust.
Love bucatini? Try this recipe too: BLT BUCATINI
- 12 ounces Bucatini
- kosher salt
- 5-6 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan shavings
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. Add bucatini and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Into a medium sauce pan over medium heat add sun dried tomatoes and cream. Season with salt. Cook until warmed through. Do not allow to boil.
- Add Parmesan shavings. Mix to combine. Continue cooking until creamy.
- Either use an immersion blender and blend until smooth OR transfer mixture to blender and blend until smooth. Return mixture to pan. Check for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- Add drained bucatini to pan and toss until combined. IF mixture is too thick, thin with reserved pasta water.
- Serve immediately.
- OXO Good Grips POP Container – Airtight Food Storage – 2.1 Qt for Spaghetti and More
- Le Creuset Stoneware 9 3/4" Pasta Bowl, White
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.